SHARING NUTRITIONAL VALUE WITH LOVE & LOCAL FLAVOURS
Nutritional value in every bite and every product.
Wholesome products for the whole family.
Taste the freshest ingredients in every bite.
No added colourants or MSG to ensure goodness.
Delicious recipes for the whole family
Dark Chocolate Citrus Cake :
Create our delicious dark chocolate citrus cake for the family to enjoy
A dessert that fits any occasion and is made to satisfy your taste buds.
What you will need :
- 90 ml DairyBelle Butter, melted and hot
- 10 ml Vanilla extract
- 250 ml Cake flour
- 160 ml Cocoa powder
- 8 Large eggs
- 375 ml Granulated white sugar
- 500 ml DairyBelle Real Orange juice
- 125 ml Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Star anise
- 4 Cardamom pods
- 125 ml DairyBelle Butter
- 250 ml Icing sugar
- To taste Reduced orange syrup
- To taste Orange colouring
Dairybelle Full Cream Milk 500ml
How to Make it :
- Preheat oven to 180 °C. Line two 21cm cake pans.
- Mix the butter and vanilla together.
- Sift together the flour and cocoa powder.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and sugaruntil thick and fluffy.
- Sift one-third of the flour mixture over the whipped eggs and fold in using a whisk. Folding half of the remaining flour, and then fold in the rest (do not over mix or you will deflate the batter).
- Fold the butter into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pans.
- Bake until the cake shrinks slightly from the edges of the pan and the top springs back when lightly pressed(about 20-25 minutes).
- Cool on a metal rack.
- Place the orange juice in a pot, add the spices and sugar and allow it to reduce to syrup. Once the cake comes out of the oven pour the syrup over the cake and allow it to soak in.
- Allow the butter to get soft (but not melting), place in a food processor and beat until there are no lumps, add the icing sugar gradually, add some of the orange syrup and coloring until it’s your desired colour and flavour.
- Ice the cake and decorate as desired.
Our delicious Dessert recipes
Passion Fruit & Pear Dessert
Dark Chocolate Citrus Cake
Delicious Cottage Cheese Cake
Our Family favourites